Assistant Conference and Banqueting Manager.
We are currently recruiting for our client in Armagh an Assistant Conference & Banqueting Manager.
To assist in the running of C&B department.
RESPONSIBLE TO: C & B Manager
DESCRIPTION OF MAIN DUTIES: Standards
• To help ensure the department meets its targets in: o budgets o quality & service o training o health & safety
• Must arrive dressed in proper uniform.
• Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming.
• Be aware of what is happening in C & B department, check for daily updates of events.
• Conduct client show rounds.
• Responsible for taking bookings.
• Administrative and office duties.
• Ensure all standards associated with C & B are maintained and adhered to.
• Ensure all C & B areas are kept clean and presentable.
• Responsible for billing procedures.
• Comply with all Health & Safety procedures.
CONFERENCES, BANQUETING & ENTERTAINMENT EVENTS
• Ensure conference room(s) set up to according to organisers specification.
• Equipment checks.
• Liaise with organisers
• Pre-event planning
• Liaise with other departments within the Hotel. Sales & Financial
• Drive the business forward and ensure that your department meets its targets.
• Promote and market the business to increase potential sale opportunities.
• Manage budgets and control expenditure.
• Control staffing costs within your department.
Staff • Recruit, develop and train staff within your department.
• To develop a well-trained, consistent team of Food service and Porter staff. Communication •
To liaise with the Conference and Banqueting Manager in the effective running of the hotel.
• To deal with customer complaints and comments according to company policy.
• To ensure the effective lines of communication are kept open throughout hotel.
• To attend when necessary monthly Management meetings as appropriate.
• Any other duties reasonably requested by Management
PERSON SPECIFICATION Essential Criteria
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as an Assistant C&B Manager or similar role
• A proven track record of delivering high standards of customer service and presentation.
• Strong leadership, motivational and people skills, to include knowledge and experience of human resource management practices.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• IT Skills Desirable
• Previous experience within Hotel environment at 3 star level or higher
Type Permanent Full Time
Date Posted July 31, 2021